First Batch provides four months of rent at the Losantiville design collective space. This gives companies not only desk and meeting space, but also access to a workshop and prototyping tools.
MENTORINGWe aim to connect each company with a set of mentors and advisers unique to each product and business type. We have access to a deep pool of local talent well versed in bringing new products to market.
CONNECTIONSOne of the main goals of the program is to provide direct connections to Cincinnati-based manufacturers that can bring your product to scale. But we also aim to connect to the necessary legal, design, business, packaging, and logistics support that goes along with producing and selling at the next level.
Each company receives an $8,000 production budget to be used with local manufacturers in the process of scaling and creating their next step in production.
Office Hours will begin in March for the 2016 program. Sign up for an office hours.
Contact us via email if you have questions before then.
- Applications with run April 1 -30 2016
- Program runs from mid June 2016 to mid November 2016
- Receive up to $10,000 worth of assistance for manufacturing development
- Workspace in a 10,000 square foot industrial office space with prototyping tools.
- Tailored business learning for physical product startups
- Up to 8 entrepreneurs will be selected for the 2016 program
- Commit to work full-time to the 5 month process
First Batch expects each selected entrepreneur to:
- Continue to research and refine their product
- Identify and define target markets and end users
- Develop connections in the supply and distribution markets
- Build strong brand, marketing, and sales strategies
- Produce and manufacture their first product runs in the timeframe
- Establish strong network of mentors and specialists
- Build skills in financial management
Who We Are Looking For
The ideal entrepreneur for the program has these qualities:
- An idea for a new product that they’re ready to take production and distribution
- A physical prototype (Can be rough or polished)
- Drive to grow their business in a self-directed way
- Willingness to take risks and learn from mentors
- Strong communication skills
- Full time commitment to the growth of their business
- Willingness to work from our offices in Over-the-Rhine
CHECK OUT THE FIRST BATCH VIDEO TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM.
First Batch is run out of the historic Moerlein cold storage / Apex Furniture building. Located in the Brewery District of Over-the-Rhine, the area offers the right mix of history and industrial character with the palpable excitement of growth and new businesses. Its the perfect place for starting a company making physical products.